- Bactrothrips Karny, 1912: 131. Type species Bactrothrips longiventris Karny
- Eidothrips Bagnall, 1918: 219. Type species Eidothrips alluaudi Bagnall
- Krinothrips Bagnall, 1918: 220. Type species Krinothrips divergens Bagnall
- Bactridothrips Karny, 1919: 116. Type species Bactridothrips idolomorphus Karny
- Caudothrips Karny, 1921: 230. Type species Caudothrips buffai Karny
- Bactrianothrips Bagnall, 1936: 226. Type species Bactrianothrips alluaudi Bagnall
- Cervothrips Bagnall, 1936: 229. Type species Cervothrips berlandi Bagnall
Although over 40 species are listed in this genus, it is likely that further synonymy will be established through the recognition of the significance of allometry in the differences between large and small individuals.
Mainly tropical Africa, but with several species in Japan.
Spore-feeding on dead leafy branches.
Tribe Idolothripini, subtribe Idolothripina.
Closely related to Megathrips.